MA Crossover is an elementary strategy concept using two Exponential Moving Averages, MA Fast and MA SLow.
Strategy Logic: The start of the trend can be detected when the short-term moving average MA Fast crosses the long-term moving average MA Slow. Based on the direction of the crossover, we can distinguish:
Buy Signal: Short-term MA Fast crosses above the long-term MA Slow.
Sell Signal: Short-term MA Fast crosses below the long-term MA Slow.
MA-Crossover Strategy Inputs:
- UniqueStrategyNumber – Unique strategy identifier (Magic Number), each running strategy should have a different UniqueStrategyNumber
- MASlowPeriod – Period settings for the long-term Exponential Moving Average
- MAFastPeriod – Period settings for the short-term Exponential Moving Average
- OrderSizeLots – Fixed order Size in Lots
- StopLossPoints – Stop Loss distance from the entry price in Points (0 = No SL is set)
- TakeProfitPoints – Take Profit distance from the entry price in Points (0 = No TP is set)
- TrailingStopPoints – Trailing Stop distance in Points. When the Stop Loss distance from the current price is higher, the Stop Loss is adjusted closer to fit the preset level (0 = No TS is set)
Point – Minimal change in the asset quotation (usually the last digit)
Pip = 10 Points (regarding FX pairs)
Get the MA-Crossover forex strategy:
Did you achieve the expected results in the backtest? Feel free to share your findings and opinions here in the discussion.
Still, have no trading account yet? Open an account at one of my trusted brokers suitable for algorithmic trading completely for free and start testing today!
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to register at one of the trusted brokers, I may earn a commission. This helps me to create more free content for you. Thanks!