CCI-TrendReversal is an elementary strategy concept using the Commodity Channel indicator.
Strategy Logic: The point of market reversal can be detected when the CCI indicator’s value exceeds one of 2 preset levels – BUY LEVEL (to the oversold area) or SELL LEVEL (to the overbought area). When the CCI indicator line crosses the preset LEVEL on the way back from the oversold/overbought area, we can distinguish 2 signals:
Buy Signal: CCI indicator crosses the BUY LEVEL from below.
Sell Signal: CCI indicator crosses the SELL LEVEL from above.
CCI-TrendReversal Strategy Inputs:
- UniqueStrategyNumber – Unique strategy identifier (Magic Number), each running strategy should have a different UniqueStrategyNumber.
- CCIPeriod – Period settings for the CCI indicator (number of intervals from which is the CCI calculated)
- CCILevelBuy – Value of the BUY LEVEL (Usually a negative number between -100 and -300)
- CCILevelSell – Value of the SELL LEVEL (Usually a positive number between 100 and 300)
- OrderSizeLots – Fixed order Size in Lots
- StopLossPoints – Stop Loss distance from the entry price in Points (0 = No SL is set)
- TakeProfitPoints – Take Profit distance from the entry price in Points (0 = No TP is set)
- TrailingStopPoints – Trailing Stop distance in Points. When the Stop Loss distance from the current price is higher, the Stop Loss is adjusted closer to fit the preset level (0 = No TS is set)
Point – Minimal change in the asset quotation (usually the last digit)
Pip = 10 Points (regarding FX pairs)
Get the CCI-TrendReversal forex strategy:
Did you achieve the expected results in the backtest? Feel free to share your findings and opinions here in the discussion.
Still, have no trading account yet? Open an account at one of my trusted brokers suitable for algorithmic trading completely for free and start testing today!
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to register at one of the trusted brokers, I may earn a commission. This helps me to create more free content for you. Thanks!